Donate hair to Wigs For Kids
KidSnips partners with Wigs For Kids to make hair donations to children experiencing hair loss so they can look themselves and live their lives.
Donating hair is a great way to get a haircut AND teach your child the importance of giving back. If you or your child would like to make a hair donation, call your local KidSnips to schedule a weekday donation appointment. Wigs for Kids donors pay the regular haircut price.
For a donation haircut, hair must be non-chemically processed, cleaned, dried and detangled with a minimum of 12 inches in length to donate. During the appointment, we’ll separate hair into sections, cut it, and then give you a stylish haircut. We’ll handle getting the hair to Wigs For Kids and there’s even a hair donor certificate to show how thankful we are to be helping kids.
Everyone who donates hair gets a $5 coupon for their next haircut.
What is Wigs For Kids
Wigs For Kids is an amazing nonprofit organization that takes hair donations, crafts them into cool and stylish wigs, and donates them to kids experiencing hair loss due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, burns, and other medical reasons. We love Wigs For Kids because they truly care about children and families who are going through hard times, and they’re doing their best to make those times a little easier. You can find out more about Wigs For Kids on their website.
How to prepare for Wigs For Kids.
- Call KidSnips to schedule your donation appointment. Hair donations are accepted on weekdays, by appointment only. KidSnips accepts one Wigs For Kids donation per day, per location. We do not accept donations on weekends, school holidays, or the weeks before Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, or back-to-school.
- The donated hair must be a minimum of 12 inches.
- Hair should be non-chemically processed, clean, dry, and detangled before your appointment and we cannot accept chemically processed, permed, or dyed hair. We cannot accept gray hair.
- At your appointment, our stylists will remove 12 inches of hair and then cut and style your hair.
- KidSnips gives each donor a Wigs For Kids Donation Certificate and a KidSnips coupon to recognize your awesome generosity.
Wigs For Kids donors pay the regular haircut price. As a thank you for your generosity, you get a $5 coupon for your next haircut.
Took my daughter for a haircut today. She had been growing it out for 6 months to donate to children who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments. The employees could not have been more kind during the process… … They also assigned her a wonderful stylist to give her a cut. Again, at no charge. The stylist did not rush—she took her time to make sure my daughter was happy. Oh, and did I mention the place was packed? Every chair was full, and a lot of people were waiting. But they were patient and took their time with her. They made a huge deal out of her donation and gave her a certificate for her donation. I will definitely be back, not just for a hair donation, but for haircuts for the kids, and maybe myself, too!
Note: they have a wonderful selection of toys, too! At reasonable prices!